Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Old Friend found!

I was going through someone I knows blog to maybe catch some pics from the Superbowl ride this past Sunday and you know how it goes you wind-up blog jumping from one to the next. As I am doing this I see a name I have'nt heard or seen in awhile James Deaton . Well it turns out that this was and is the same James Deaton that I shared a domicile with several times and rode with many many times. The last time I saw Jimmy was about 12 years ago when he came up here to visit and we went to Snowshoe for a quick ride. Jimmy was living in S.C. at the time and I was Harrisonburg, VA. ,Jimmy was married with children I was not. Lets just say our lives were going in different directions and we lost contact with each other. Let me just say Jimmy was an awsome rider then as I am sure he is now. We started riding BMX together and and then one day Jimmy started riding this Mountain bike thing and he invited me to go riding with him ..Long story short (or is it to late for that) I was hooked and me and Jimmy rode alot and raced alot together. The last time I talked with Jimmy he was playing Hockey and he was'nt riding much or at all so I'm glad to see he's riding again. You can try other things but the bike will always be in the blood. Maybe I'll catch up with him at a race this year. I'm sure not as fit as he is anymore but I'll have fun trying to catch him again.

1 comment:

Jimmy D said...

WOW! How things have changed. Great to hear from ya dude. We gotta ride....