Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hillbert..











Camp Hilbert was this past weekend and me and some of my peeps went down to Goochland to do a little racin. It was only 25 degress when Mark Russell,James Burris , John Evans and a guy by the name James Deaton took off for the enduro event. 5 hours in the cold does'nt sound like fun to me but I would have been doing the same thing if I could have ,just don't have the stamina that they do.. I decided to do the Single speed race at noon when it was warmer. I really don't have any bussiness getting on course with these guys because half way through the first lap I was off the back and suffering by the second lap. I did finish though! I did have fun! I learned something , its going to take me alot of riding to get any where near the podium at one of these races. For a guy who says he does'nt like endurance MTB events Mr. russell does a pretty good job -8 laps . James Burris did outstanding with 7 laps as did Mr. James Deaton also with 7 laps. It was good seeing Jimmy my boy you looked like your old self out there on the trail. Hopefully you will do another dirt event.. Get back to your ROOTS my brother. I was also very impressed with John who was talked into doing the enduro event the morning of the race and I beleive he got 6 laps in before calling it quits. Awsome!! Thanks for fun times guys!! Jimmy get a 29er !! Ya Mary! Later...

2 comments:

james26b said...

Fun times, did you happen to notice the dude peeing in tha background of the first picture. It gave me a chuckle or two.

You rode strong man, we'll have to go back there in July.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.