Thursday, April 12, 2007

fork me!


I just changed my fork on my monocog for two reasons .1 weight 2. looks. I think I acheived them both without spending a ton of money. I had James at Black Dog bikes slap me a Surly fork on my bike and I think I saved about a pound in the weight department and I think the black fork looks much better than the stock fork. There is a slight difference in the fork sizes but I don't think its enough to cause me any problems when riding but we will see.Heres a few pics..

5 comments:

SAMBO said...

I think you need a suspension fork. That rigid stuff looks too painful.

MRussell said...

and gears...

SAMBO said...

squishy squishy, click click

SAMBO said...

Joe,

I'm going to get rid of my 29er frame and fork. Too many bikes and not enough time. I didn't know if you might be interested in a suspension fork. 2003 Marzocchi MX-Pro 29 with ETA 80mm of travel.

MRussell said...

Best of Luck at Lodi this weekend.

Take pictures...