Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fork Me!




O.K. I know some of you have been on me to get a suspension fork but I liked my rigid fork and I did'nt want to give it up. I have finally given in and got a new squishy fork. The main reason for the purchase was due to the fact that my arms and my elbows would be sore the day after a long ride where there was some long down hills or just really rocky single track and where I live thats all there is so I thought I would give it a try again. It's been three years of riding with a rigid fork and after the first ride I realized that it was going to take some getting used to all that movement again. First let me say that forks have changed since my last one. I'm one of those who likes to set the fork and never touch the adjustments again, so all of these knobs and dials were confusing to me. I had to set the air pressure according to my weight, in the old days you just changed the bumpers in your fork and rode it. I have learned how to adjust,myself and the fork, and I think I'm going to like this thing. I have'nt given up the rigid all together it's on my single speed. So here's to suspension for now. Now I won't be sore because of the rigid fork but because I'm getting be old as shit!

3 comments:

Jimmy D said...

I think Maverick is making a suspension cane now too, so that could help you off the bike.

joe york said...

I was hopeing that craftmatic was making a bike now! By the way the smithsonian called and said you've had that fork long enough bring it down so they can put it on display!

Jimmy D said...

Nobody gets my Ti-spring, kinda carbon, grease gun injectable fork. I like hittin a bump and watching dust shoot out the top legs. Rad!