Friday, November 24, 2006

40's not to old?

Hey this is my first entry into the blogging scene as it is also my first year on a single speed bike. I have been riding bikes for what seems all my life but I had become sort of complacent about my riding and I needed something to get my blood flowing, something to get me excited about riding again. I found that something in the form of a 29er single speed! I gambled in buying this bike but it was a winner. Now all I want to do is get out and ride and the harder the better.This bike takes me back a ways when I first started riding mountainbikes.Some of you might be old enough to remember riding a mountainbike before suspension. Although I am not as young as I was then and it has taken some time for me to get used to the rigid ride of a steel fork . You must pick your lines and not just plow through with a fork taking the punishment for you. Don't get me wrong I still like a good suspension fork but it was'nt what I needed I needed a new challenge but an old familiar one that I had almost forgotten. Back to the title I wondered if I might be crazy for starting single speeding at my age but I got alot of encouragement . It seems that there are alot of guys my age riding single and remembering there roots and just enjoying the fact that we are still in great shape no matter what our age . Like they say you are only as old as you feel and right now i'm feeling about 29 and holding..

2 comments:

MRussell said...

Age is nothing but a number. Looking forward to riding more with ya, once 'cross season is over.

SAMBO said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were 40...yikes! :-)